Who needs another excuse to eat chocolate? Probably no one, but I’m going to give you one anyway.
I remember as a kid (ok, as an adult too) unwrapping that golden foil to reveal a delicious ball of Ferrero Rocher. They always seem to remind me of the holidays, but this version I’ve put together for you guys is packed with nutritional benefits and can be enjoyed anytime!
These little balls of goodness are already packed with everything you need to fuel you through the back to school or back to [full] work weeks fall routine. Oh how I’ll miss those extended weekends, but I am a bit of a homebody at heart so I’m also looking forward to routine and relaxing at home for awhile. I know it’s a bit weird, but does anyone else feel the same way??
Dates are one of my favorite ways to get the pick me up of some natural sugars, and by containing fiber as well, they won’t send your blood sugars soaring. Throw in the healthy fats and protein from the hazelnuts and you’re set!
The special ingredient in these is the Mushroom Adaptogen cacao powder. Cacao is a less processed version of what you might be a bit more familiar with, cocoa powder! This blend also has the benefits of adaptogenic mushrooms- don’t worry, you don’t taste the mushrooms at all!
A few of the benefits associated with this blend:
- Cacao has been linked to naturally boosting mood. It is also nutrient rich containing iron, magnesium, calcium and antioxidants
- Chaga plays a role in supporting healthy immune function
- Cordyceps are known to regulate and support healthy energy levels
So go ahead and have your chocolate and eat it too. I love to throw these into my purse, desk or even glovebox – you never know when they might come in handy! I’ll definitely be throwing them in for one last summer road trip this Labour Day weekend!
What are you getting up to for the last official long weekend of the summer?
Healthy Ferrero Rocher Energy Truffles
Makes 12 Truffles
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted and halved
- 1 cup hazelnuts (½ reserved for middle and to roll the balls in)
- ¼ cup Moon Deli Cacao Chaga Cordyceps
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- Toast ½ cup of your hazelnuts in a toaster oven or oven for 5 minutes at 350F. Watch them carefully as they will burn easily! Set them aside and allow them to cool.
- Next, Place all ingredients, except for ½ cup of the hazelnuts, into a high speed blender like a Vitamix or a food processor.
- Pulse until a paste is formed with some small pieces of hazelnuts remaining in the mixture. You will need to remove the lid and push down the mixture from the sides of the blender once or twice. If it is too thick, add 1 Tbsp of warm water at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Set aside 12 of the toasted hazelnuts for the center of the truffles. With the remaining toasted hazelnuts, chop into fine pieces (this can also be done in a food processor).
- To start rolling your truffles, flatten out your piece of mixture and place 1 toasted hazelnut in the middle, then roll into a ball with your hands.
- Once they’re all rolled, finish them off by rolling them in the chopped pieces of hazelnut (you may have to press them in a bit to get them to stick).
This recipe was in partnership with Forget Beauty but all opinions are my own and I only support products I would use myself! Thank you for providing the Mushroom Adaptogen to develop this healthy recipe!
SHOP THE POST
LIKE THIS RECIPE? SHARE IT WITH SOMEONE YOU KNOW WILL LOVE IT TOO!