These Chocolate Chip Banana Zucchini Muffins have quickly become a staple in our weekly meal prep as my love of baking continues to grow. There’s just something about a warm toasted muffin with a spread of melted butter… mmmmm.
I used to shy away from muffins, they just didn’t seem to satisfy me and felt like more of a dessert than a snack (nothing wrong with that sometimes, but for a daily staple I’d opt for something else). These muffins have all the good to satisfy in every way! They’ve got extra protein from the almond butter, lots of heart and blood sugar healthy fiber using ground oats as the flour, and the zucchini keeps them nice and moist, all while helping you inch towards those daily servings of greens! …. And chocolate. Gotta have that chocolate.
These are perfect to enjoy for breakfast with a couple of eggs or a side of Greek yogurt. They also make a pretty nice afternoon snack with a warm latte or cup of tea. Best served warm or toasted with a sliver of butter….did I already mention that??
I hope you enjoy! Would you guys like to see more baking recipes on the blog? Send me your requests and I’ll do my best to deliver!
Chocolate Chip Banana Zucchini Muffins
- ½ of a medium zucchini, finely shredded (approx 1 cup)
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats, ground into flour ( I used Roger’s Oats)
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tbsp natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line your muffin tin with parchment paper muffin cups.
- Use the smallest size on your grater to grate your zucchini, wring out any excess moisture by placing zucchini in paper towel or a cloth and squeezing. Set aside.
- Next add oats, chia, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a blender like a magic bullet, ninja or food processor. Blend until a flour-like consistency is achieved (might be a bit chunkier, this is ok).
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, use the back of a fork or an electric mixer to combine bananas, eggs, nut butter, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix until well combined. Add the zucchini and flour mixture into the bowl and mix until everything is combined.
- Scoop batter into your lined muffin pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Enjoy warm out of the oven of place in an airtight container once cooled to be enjoyed during the week. These also freeze well if not planning to eat in the next 4-5 days.
SHOP THE POST
LIKE THIS RECIPE? SHARE IT WITH SOMEONE YOU KNOW WILL LOVE IT TOO!