This is one of my absolute favorite oatmeal recipes. All the goodness of the fiber rich oats, boosted with Vitamin A and C packed pumpkin. Topped with crunchy toasted pecans and a drizzle of maple syrup, it’s like dessert you can eat for breakfast and feel really good about.
I seriously can’t stop eating this. Although my month of pumpkin recipes is coming to an end, the best part is that with canned pumpkin, you can enjoy these recipes all year long!
Pumpkin Pecan Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup of quick oats
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree, canned or fresh
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts, toasted
- drizzle of maple syrup (~1 tsp each serving)
- drizzle of your favorite nut butter * optional (right now I’m using my favorite coconut macadamia nut butter I brought back from Hawaii :))
- Place the oats, water, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a medium sized pan over medium high heat. Allow mixture to come to a boil and turn down to medium low heat, stirring to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan
- Cook until liquid has absorbed, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir pumpkin puree in until well blended.
- Dish into serving bowls, drizzle with maple syrup, nut butter and finish off by sprinkling with pecans.