Start your day feeling fuelled and energized with this nutritious prep ahead breakfast bowl. This nourishing bowl comes packed with an array of plant based ingredients that will leave you feeling fuelled and satisfied.
- 1 small beet approx 5 cm x 5 cm (2” x 2”), cooked, peeled, sliced
- 1 x 160 mL can full fat coconut milk
- ⅔ cup (150 mL) water
- ½ tsp (2.5mL) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup (150 mL) Rogers Foods Porridge Oats & Ancient Grains
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chia seeds
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup (125mL) raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp (30mL) coconut chips
- 2 tbsp (30mL) pumpkin seeds, roasted or raw (unsalted)
- In a blender, add cooked beet, coconut milk, water, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Blend on high until smooth.
- Divide Rogers Foods Porridge Oats & Ancient Grains and chia seeds into two bowls/jars. Add the beet coconut mixture evenly between the two bowls/jars, stir to combine all ingredients well, and cover each.
- Refrigerate covered beet nourish bowls/jars for 5 hours or overnight. The overnight oats can be stored in the refrigerator up to two days.
- In the morning, top each beet nourish bowl/jar with kiwi, raspberries, coconut chips and pumpkin seeds
Variation: substitute with other desired toppings and if needed, sweeten to taste with maple syrup or honey.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: Nourish bowl, Prep ahead meals