A marrying of two breakfast favorites, pancakes and oatmeal, this super simple recipe is perfect to get the little ones in the kitchen!
- 2 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- ⅔ cup oats (you can also grind these up into oat flour if you prefer a softer consistency)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, ground
- pinch of sea salt
- Heat your oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Meanwhile, add your banana to a medium mixing bowl and mash with the back of a fork until a thick paste is formed.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowls and mix gently until well combined.
- Spoon 1-2 heaping tablespoons of your mixture into the pan for each pancake, depending on how big you want them. You may need to do a couple of batches depending on how big your pan is.
- Once the pancakes becomes nice and golden brown, flip them over. Once the second side is also golden, dish up and serve with a drizzle of maple syrup, dollop of yogurt, fresh fruit or any other desired toppings!
I make these without any added sweetener, I find the sweetness of the banana and chocolate chips to be enough but you could always add a dash of honey or maple syrup if you like them a little sweeter.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: Protein Pancakes, Brunch, Easy, 5 Ingredient