Whether you’re looking specifically for smoothie recipes for pregnancy, or if you’re just looking for a delicious way to pack more greens into your diet! I hope you enjoy this delicious green smoothie!
You guys! I cannot believe we are 3 weeks out from our due date!! How did that happen?! I’ve been really lucky to have had a pretty good pregnancy. I didn’t really have morning sickness, but I definitely had some food aversions – vegetables being one of them. haha So this smoothie was a lifesaver!
The Best Everyday Green Smoothie
Today I’m sharing the best pregnancy smoothie recipe that I’ve been drinking almost daily for the past eight months with some tips on how to maximize the nutrition benefits (making sure it still tastes delish) – because there’s no reason you should be choking back a green smoothie just to say you did it. Haha.
Are you a green smoothie person? To be honest, it wasn’t really until this past year that I really started drinking them regularly. But it’s definitely a habit I will be continuing. They’re just such a good way to pack in a ton of nutrients right off the bat in the morning — pregnant or not. I think we can all agree that if we can find a tasty way to do this it’s a win-win.
Health Benefits of Green Smoothies
It can definitely be a challenge to get everything you need when you’re not feeling so hot, so smoothies are a great way to pack a lot of the goods into one meal and give you a bit of peace of mind if you’re not able to at every meal. You can easily get 3-4 servings of fruits and veggies in, and the fluid and fiber help if you’re getting constipated (sorry if that’s TMI)
A few tips to get the most out of your green smoothies
- Always include something with Vitamin C (oranges, mango etc.) or acid (lemon juice or zest) to help your body absorb all that plant-based iron!
- If you’re feeling nauseous, add in some ginger or mint to soothe your stomach (but skip the mint if you have heartburn!)
- For extra creaminess and to help you absorb the fat soluble vitamins A,D,E and K include a healthy fat like avocado.
- Meal Prep Tip: double or triple the recipe and freeze in muffin tins, remove and store in a ziplock bag for ready to go smoothies. Take them out the night before or pack them in your lunch to thaw just in time for lunch!
If you’ve got any other great tips, please do share in the comments! I hope you enjoy!
A delicious every day green smoothie. Pregnancy friendly to support nausea and good pre-natal nutrition. High in Iron, Vitamin C and Fiber.
- 4–6 cups of greens (spinach and kale are my go-tos)
- ½ avocado
- 1 cup coconut milk or preferred milk alternative (I love the coconut for the added tropical flavor)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (I used plain but Vanilla would also be good for a bit of sweetness)
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 orange, peeled
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Optional: mint and ginger
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: North American
- Serving Size: 2
Keywords: Pregnancy Nutrition, Green smoothie