Black beans work surprisingly well in this recipe to add a creamy texture and an extra boost of fiber and protein for an energizing, blood sugar balancing smoothie! Vegan.
- Place all ingredients except cacao nibs in the blender. Blend until smooth (30-60 seconds)
- add the cacao nibs and give a quick blitz or stir in with a spoon or straw if you want more of a crunch!
- Add more milk if you’re finding it too thick
- If you prep this ahead of time it thickens overnight and will definitely need to be re-blended with more liquid
- Decrease the liquid or let sit overnight to make this into a pudding!
- Milk: any milk with work. Regular, plant based, choose what works for you!
- Cacao Nibs: If you don’t have, feel free to add a sprinkle of chocolate chips!
- Mint: If you don’t have fresh mint, a splash of mint extract will work
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Beverages, Breakfast. Desserts, Snacks
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: Quick meals, On the go