A restaurant favorite made even better at home, this is a recipe the whole family will enjoy! Kid friendly. Gluten Free.
- 1lb (454g) chicken breasts, cut into 1-1.5 inch wide strips (approx 3–4 strips per breast)
- 1 cup almond meal (approx 1.5 cups of whole almonds if grinding them up yourself, or buy pre-prepared almond meal)
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese, grated *optional
- 1 egg
- Avocado oil (or other high heat cooking oil) and/or spray
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- ½ cup 2% Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and grease it with about 1 Tbsp of avocado oil. This will help the chicken fingers really crisp up.
- In a large bowl, crack your egg and whisk it until blended.
- In another bowl, combine almond meal (if you are making your own just pulse 1.5 cups of raw almonds into a coarse powder), paprika, salt and pepper, and parmesan if using it.
- Cut your chicken into 1-1.5 inch wide strips and pat dry with paper towel.
- Add your chicken pieces into the bowl with the egg and use a fork to lift and mix pieces so that they’re covered on both sides. Allow any excess egg to drip off before placing in the almond mixture.
- Next, dip the egg coated chicken pieces into the almond mixture one at a time, use a fork to press down on the tops and coat well, flip the piece with a fork and repeat on the other side then place on the greased baking sheet. Repeat until all pieces are coated.
- Place in the oven and bake for 8 minutes. Remove and flip them over and finish baking for 2 more minutes or until no pink remains on the inside
- Meanwhile, whisk your honey mustard ingredients together in a small bowl. When the chicken is ready to come out of the oven, serve together.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: Comfort Food Hacks, Better Than Fast Food