When it comes to sweet vs. savory, I’m definitely a savory girl. I was so excited when I discovered baked chickpeas to add to my crunchy salty snack repertoire. The combinations are endless for these little guys. I love them with curry, like in this recipe. It gives them a rich earthy flavor and beautiful color. If you’re not a fan of curry, get creative with your own combos… wasabi, lemon pepper, spicy cayenne or Parmesan or nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor!
Chickpeas are full of plant powered goodness, packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. They’re high in fibre to keep those blood sugars stable and a great source of protein to provide the perfect filling and satisfying snack!
Tip: I find that having snack recipes and ideas on hand always makes for more calm in my life, so I’ve created a list of quick and easy meal prep snacks for you here!Print
Adults and kids alike will love these crunchy roasted chickpeas! They make a great crunchy, salty snack alternative to nuts for nut-free schools and can be seasoned to taste with your favorite herbs and spices! Vegan.
- 1 19 oz. can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or other high heat cooking oil)
- 2 tsp curry powder
- Sprinkle of coarse salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Once the chickpeas have been drained and rinsed, pat dry with a paper towel and pour into a medium sized bowl.
- Sprinkle with curry powder and salt, mix until coated evenly.
- Place chickpeas on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes, chickpeas should be browned on the outside (I like them crunchy all the way through but take them out a bit earlier if you prefer a softer texture!). Watch carefully the last few minutes to make sure they don’t burn.
- Swap curry powder for your favorite spices. Other combos I love
- parmesan and black pepper
- Onion or garlic salt
- Rosemary & Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: North American