A prep ahead breakfast with endless combinations. Kid Friendly.
- 1 ripe banana, mashed (approx ⅓ cup)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk (I used Silk unsweetened vanilla)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup fruit of choice
- Additional optional toppings: mini chocolate chips, peanut butter, coconut, walnuts or other nuts or seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line 12 muffin tin cups with foil lined or parchment paper cupcake liners
- In a medium bowl, mash banana with the back of a fork until a smooth paste is formed. Add in egg, coconut oil, milk, and maple syrup and whisk until combined.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix to combine all ingredients well (except for fruit and additional toppings, unless you’re doing the same mix-ins for the whole batch, then you can add them now)
- Divide mixture between the 12 muffin cups. If you’re doing multiple different mix ins (fruit nuts etc.) add them in as desired now and give a quick stir of a fork in each cup to combine mix-ins into the oat mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked all the way through and golden on the top.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer for quick breakfasts and snacks for the week!
- Category: Baking, Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: Prep Ahead Breakfast, Meal Prep