One of my favorite recipes, passed along from my mom is this delicious baked salmon with sundried tomato aioli. It’s the perfect meal for company or a special weekday meal. It’s quick and easy but feels gourmet!Print
A family favorite, passed down from my Momma. You will love this flavor packed baked salmon dish! Two different types of tomatoes give delicious flavor. And with super easy prep, it is perfect for a weeknight meal or entertaining guests!
- 2 x 4-5 oz salmon filets
- Freshly-cracked pepper
- Coarse salt
Sundried Tomato Aioli
- 3 sundried tomato halves, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp parsley or basil, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Coarse salt and freshly-cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Soak sundried tomatoes in boiling water for 10-15 mins (alternatively, can use the ones that are in oil and leave out the olive oil from the ingredients), chop them and place them in a small bowl.
- Add minced garlic, parsley or basil, dijon mustard and olive oil.
- Mix ingredients well or pulse in a food processor for a smoother texture. add cherry tomatoes and stiry until combined. Place mixture to the side.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper and place in a foil lined baking pan.
- Bake for 6 mins. Remove from the oven and flip over.
- Add half of the aioli on top and bake for an additional 6 minutes or until easily flaked with a fork. Thicker pieces of salmon may require additional baking time.
This dish is delicious with roasted potatoes and vegetables or a fresh salad.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: Dinner ideas, Weekday meal, entertaining, weeknight meal,