This single serving banana bread mug cake is not only delicious, it’s also packed with potassium, healthy fats and fiber and is a great way to use up any ripe bananas.
- 1 mashed banana
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp milk
- ¼ cup oat flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp + extra for topping chocolate chips/chunks
- 1 tbsp + extra for topping walnut pieces
- Mash the banana in a small bowl until smooth. Mix in the maple syrup and milk using a fork or small whisk.
- In another bowl, combine the oat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips, and 1 tablespoon of walnuts.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well combined and the batter is a smooth consistency.
- Pour into a microwave safe mug or bowl. Top the batter with more chocolate chips and walnuts. Place the mug in the microwave and microwave on high for 2 minutes. To test doneness, stick a toothpick into the banana bread and see if it comes out clean. If it needs more time to cook, put the mug in for 30-second increments until it passes the toothpick test. Enjoy immediately warm!
- Prep Time: 1
- Cook Time: 2
- Category: snack
- Method: microwave