Beans, Beans the Magical Fruit…
Try adding more beans and other legumes such as chickpeas and lentils into your diet. Not only are they a good source of plant proteins, they are also rich in soluble fibre, which helps lower cholesterol levels. Fibre also helps to keep blood sugar levels stable and slows down the digestion process.
- use hummus as a dip for veggies or whole grain crackers
- make a pot of chilli with kidney beans, pinto beans and blackbeans
- use chickpeas as your protein for a salad
- try edamame beans for a quick and easy snack
- Try this Mediterranean Chickpea and Quinoa Salad for a well balanced meatless meal