I know you guys love brunch as much as I do. You’ve been asking for more brunch recipes and I know you’re going to love this one!
Don’t be fooled by the fancy name. It can be whipped together in under 10 minutes, so you can have it anytime you feel like just treating yourself for a nice breakfast. I also love to make this for guests. The combo of ingredients is a bit unexpected but it always gets rave reviews!
As with a lot of my recipes, this one sort of came together by accident. My Mom was staying with me for the weekend to come look for her Mother-of-the-bride dress. After a long day of shopping, we had put together a nice little spread to enjoy with some wine as we looked over the potential dress options. I tend to get a little excited when it comes to appie spreads and having people over for dinner, so of course there was a bit leftover from each part of the night, including some blackberries from dessert. The next morning we were getting ready to get back at it and needed something quick. I saw these ingredients in the fridge and figured why can’t blackberries, prosciutto, walnuts and eggs all go together… right!?
So here you have it. I have since also used this combo (minus the egg) for a creative crostini topping. Throw a little mint and honey on there and it could even pass for a dessert.
You know I’m all about quick, simple and easy but will not sacrifice flavor. This recipe is no different. So pour yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy having a new Sunday (or Monday) brunch item on the menu!Print
Blackberry Ricotta Toast with Poached Egg and Toasted Walnuts
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
This super simple breakfast will make you feel like you’re on holidays at a cute little B & B! Fresh juicy blackberries and toasty walnuts are the perfect compliment to salty prosciutto and jammy eggs!
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of sprouted grain toast (I used sprouted sourdough)
- 3–4 tbsp light ricotta cheese
- 10 blackberries
- 3 slices prosciutto (approx 40 grams)
- 2 tbsp walnuts, toasted
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil over high heat. When the water comes to a boil, add the vinegar (this will keep the egg together in the water). Crack the eggs directly in the water and cook for 2-3 minutes or until desired yolk consistency is reached.
- Meanwhile, put your toast in the toaster. Toast until golden brown around the edges.
- If you have a toaster oven, place the walnuts on a small piece of tinfoil or parchment paper for the last 2 minutes of toasting, watching carefully to make sure they don’t burn. If you don’t have a toaster oven, you can toast the nuts in a small frying pan oven medium heat, stirring frequently to make sure they don’t burn.
- In a small bowl, mash the blackberries with the back of a fork. It’s ok if they’re still chunky, you just want to be able to spread them somewhat on the toast.
- Remove toast and spread with ricotta then with the blackberries. Next, top each piece with 1.5 slices of prosciutto.
- Top each with an egg and then the walnuts. Sprinkle generously with freshly cracked black pepper.
- Eat as is or serve with a fruit salad or garden salad. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top, Toaster
- Cuisine: European
Keywords: quick, breakfast, easy, toast
LIKE THIS RECIPE? SHARE IT WITH SOMEONE YOU KNOW WILL LOVE IT TOO!
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe