A delicious balanced lunch or dinner. Perfect to Batch Prep for easy weekday meals! Vegan.
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 medium sweet potato, cubed
- 1 19 oz. can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 2 cups purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup of cilantro, chopped *optional
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp warm water
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the sweet potato, chickpeas, avocado oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly and lay mixture out on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour until the sweet potatoes are easily pierced with a fork and chickpeas are nicely browned on the outside
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to package directions.
- Combine dressing ingredients and whisk with a fork until combined. Set aside.
- Prepare the cabbage, carrots and avocado
- Once the sweet potatoes and chickpeas are cooked, assemble bowls, starting with rice and topping with all other ingredients. Finish by drizzling with dressing and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Main Dishes, Lunch
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Asian Inspired
Keywords: One Pan, buddha bowl, weekday lunch, weeknight dinner