You will never go back to traditional caesar salad after trying this one. The best part about using kale is that it holds up amazingly for leftovers! Vegetarian.
- 4 x 10″ whole grain wraps
- 1 350g block of tofu, firm (I used Sunrise Soya Organics)
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup milk of choice
- 1 cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning (or seasoning of choice)
- 1 servings of Lindsay’s Famous Kale Ceasar Salad (capers optional and I also mixed in a bit of romaine)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- About ¼ cup of Frank’s Red Hot (or your favorite hot sauce)
- While you prepare your other ingredients, press your Tofu to get rid of any excess water. To do this. Place a quadruple layered paper towel above and below your block of tofu and place on a dinner plate. Top with a heavy book ( I used a thick cookbook). Leave for about 20 minutes while you prepare your other ingredients, you may need to repeat with fresh paper towel if it soaks all the way through.
- Next prepare your Caesar Salad as the rest will come together quickly once the tofu is ready to be fried.
- Set up your breading station in 3 bowls by placing your cornstarch in one, milk in another and panko +cajun spice in the last one. Line them up and get ready to dip!
- Remove your pressed tofu and cut into strips, about 1 cm thick (you will get 14-16 strips).
- Dip each piece in cornstarch, followed by milk and then the panko mixture and set aside. Repeat until all pieces are coated.
- Heat your oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and fry your tofu in a single layer until nice and golden brown, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove and place on a paper towel to soak up any extra oil. Next, start layering your wraps with your salad, tofu and then finally, your hot sauce.
- Fold in the top and bottom ends of your wrap and roll up like a burrito, eat as is or cut in half and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Salads, Main Dishes
- Method: Pan Fried
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: Summer Recipe, Canada Day, Independence Day