This recipe for meal prep egg frittata couldn’t be simpler! The mini egg muffins are nutritious and packed with herbs and leafy greens. Make these ahead and store them in the fridge or freezer for an easy, quick breakfast. Recipe yields 12 mini egg frittatas.
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ cup white onion(about ½ of a small onion), diced
- 8 extra large eggs (9 if large, 10 if small or medium)
- 4 cups Inspired Greens Multileaf Trio Lettuce Leaves, sliced into thin shreds
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup Parmigiano Reggiano + 2 tbsp for sprinkling, grated
- ½ cup havarti cheese, grated
- Coarse salt and freshly-cracked pepper to taste (approx. ⅛ tsp each)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease your muffin ins with olive oil. Make sure they are greased well, or use parchment paper muffin tin liners to make sure the frittatas don’t stick to the pan.
- Heat your butter in a small saucepan over medium high heat, when completely melted and starting to bubble (1-2 minutes, watch carefully to make sure it doesn’t burn), add your onion. Cook until translucent and starting to brown, 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, beat your eggs. Add your chopped lettuce, basil and both cheeses, reserving 2 Tbsp of the Parm to sprinkle on after. Season with salt and pepper and whisk with a fork to combine well. It will look like there is a lot of lettuce, don’t worry, this will shrink down.
- Distribute your egg mixture evenly between the muffin tins. Sprinkle the tops with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Add to your preheated oven and bake for 17 minutes. You want your frittatas to be moist but no egg left uncooked. Place in the oven for another 2-3 minutes if needed until eggs are cooked all the way through.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Remove the frittatas from the pan by loosening them with a spatula around the edges (not needed if using parchment paper liners).
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Snacks
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: Meal Prep, Weekday breakfast, on the go