These wraps are the perfect make ahead for weekday lunches or to pack for the beach on these sunny days! You don’t don’t have to worry about soggy wraps with these collard leaves keeping everything together!
Collard Greens are a great source of Calcium and provide a mega dose of Vitamin K which has also been linked to maintaining good bone health.Print
Tofu Stuffed Collard Green Wraps with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
- Total Time: 50 min
- Yield: 4 wraps 1x
A fun way to get your veggies! The peanut sauce makes these irresistable! Vegan. Kid friendly suggestions below.
- 4 large collard green leaves, ends trimmed
- 350g extra firm tofu, cut into 1.5 inch strips * this can be substituted for grilled chicken or any other leftover meat if preferred
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ of a head of purple cabbage (2 cups), thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded or thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup of mint leaves, chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup warm water
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp lime juice (½ lime)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Pinch of chili flakes ( ¼ – ½ tsp)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place tofu in a medium sized bowl and add ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce and garlic. Mix to combine
- Lay tofu in a single layer on a lined baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring halfway for even cooking.
- While tofu is cooking, in a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the peanut dipping sauce and whisk with a fork until smooth. Set Aside
- Lay collard wraps down on a flat surface and divide ingredients evenly between them, Leaving about 2 inches at the top and bottom of each leaf to be folded over.
- Top with tofu and all remaining ingredients
- Fold in the top and bottom of the leaves, fold one of the lengthwise sides over and roll it up like a burrito!
- Dip in peanut sauce and enjoy!
- Steam the collard green leaves for a more tender, kid friendly version
- Substitute peanut butter for sun butter for a nut free option
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Asian Inspired
Keywords: greens, school lunch, work lunch
Thank you to my student volunteer, Nisha Takhar, for her hard work in helping to put this post together.
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe