An all time favorite from The 321 Method, it’s too good not to share! Also delicious served over quinoa or rice. Vegetarian.
- ½ cup couscous, cooked according to package directions
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut in bite sized pieces
- 2 orange bell peppers, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 x 19 oz can chickpeas (approx. 2 cup), drained and rinsed
- 1 x 15 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp freshly-cracked black pepper
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled into large chunks
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes, until hot. Add garlic, peppers and chickpeas. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until garlic becomes fragrant and peppers begin to char, 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, broth, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until sauce is the thickness of a light purée, approx 5-7 minutes.
- Remove chickpea mixture from heat. Plate it over the couscous and sprinkle with feta. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: One Pan, weeknight dinner, easy