White Beans add extra creaminess with the bonus of protein and fiber to this classic appetizer. Serve with tortillas or your favorite crackers or crusty bread.
- 1 x 19 oz can white cannellini (white kidney) beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp of milk
- 1 large clove of garlic
- ¾ tsp. Salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (approx ½ of a lemon)
- 2 cups Inspired Leafy Greens Oak or Battavia leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 x 6 oz (170 ml) jar artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup white onion, finely diced
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup marbled cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- In a food processor or high powered blender (like a Vitamix) place beans, yogurt, olive oil, milk, garlic, salt and lemon juice blend until smooth. This may take a few minutes.
- Use a spatula to scrape mixture into a medium mixing bowl and fold in artichokes, onion, lettuce and parmesan cheese. Mix to combine well.
- Place in an oven safe dish and sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Broil for an additional 2 minutes before taking out of the oven to get the top golden and bubbling.
- Serve with veggie sticks, your favorite crackers or tortilla chips and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Appetizers, Snacks
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: Christmas, Holiday Appetizer, Comfort Food Hacks