Who doesn’t love a little chocolate in their life? And when it comes wrapped up with all of the goodness of antioxidant rich cocoa, and the healthy fats and fiber or our favorite fruit, avocado, you really can’t go wrong.
This pudding can literally be whipped up in minutes and is healthy enough to be eaten for breakfast with some fruit and coconut on top, as a mid afternoon pick me up (yes, you could actually eat this every day!) or to indulge that need for a little something sweet we get sometimes in the evenings.
I know the idea of avocado in pudding might sound a bit weird, but it’s the perfect addition to give that creamy texture that makes it feel so indulgent.
So go ahead and wow your guests the next time you’re throwing a dinner or party, or go ahead and make yourself a batch just because. You deserve it.
Tip: I find that having snack recipes and ideas on hand always makes for more calm in my life, so I’ve created a list of quick and easy meal prep snacks for you here!
So creamy, so chocolate, so good for you! Avocado gives this base the perfect pudding consistency all while packing in the antioxidants, fiber and healthy fats. Vegan & Kid Friendly!
- 1 Avocado
- 1 cup of 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3–4 tbsp honey (depending on preferred sweetness)
- ½ cup of raspberries
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut or coconut shavings
- Place all ingredients, except for raspberries and coconut, in a food processor.
- Blend until completely smooth. Adjust to taste by adding extra honey, cocoa or vanilla as needed.
- Top with Raspberries and coconut and enjoy right away, or cool in the fridge for 1-2 hours if you prefer it cold.
For added natural sweetness and flavor, try blending 1 small banana in Mix up the toppings with other fruit or nuts like cherries or strawberries and toasted almonds or hazelnuts.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Desserts, Snacks
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy dessert, summer, kid friendly, comfort food remix
I’d love to hear what other combos you come up with and I always love seeing pictures of your creations. Tag # makefoodfeelgood or @lindsaypleskot to show me and for a chance to have your pictures featured on my Instagram!