This smoothie seriously tastes like a chocolate milkshake. And it’s packed with Omega-3s, protein, calcium and naturally sweetened with a date!
- 1/2–1 cup almond milk (adjust to desired thickness)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 1/2 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 small banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 tbsp nut butter (I used coconut peanut butter)
- 1 medjool date (or 2 regular dates, they are a bit smaller) or a splash of honey if desired for sweetness
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth, about 30-45 seconds. Add more milk if needed for desired consistency.
- Mindful Eating Tip: top with a few whole almonds. Chewing your food (including smoothies!) helps increase satiety and improve digestion
- Make it vegan with a dairy-free yogurt substitute
- Meal Prep Tip: 3x or 4s the recipe and freeze in muffin tins for quick grab and go breakfasts – see the full method here
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate, healthy, easy breakfast