Cauliflower makes this traditional holiday favorite light and creamy while adding fiber, antioxidants and anti inflammatory properties without sacrificing any of the flavor. You just might never go back!
- 2 medium sized red potatoes (about 3 cups), chopped into 1/8 ths
- 1 medium head of cauliflower (about 4 cups), chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of milk or milk alternative
- 1 tbsp butter, grass fed if possible!
- 2 tbsp chives, thinly sliced *optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Together, steam the potatoes and cauliflower for 7-10 minutes, until easily pierced with a fork and potatoes are completely cooked ( you can use a steamer, microwave or on the stove top in a medium sized pan with 1/3 cup of water in the bottom and a lid that will allow steam to release).
- Add potato and cauliflower mixture, along with remaining ingredients, to a good blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. A hand blender will also work for this, or if you don’t have any of the above, you can mash and mix with the back of a fork until smooth (will be a bit chunkier than the other methods).
- Season to taste with more salt of pepper if needed. You can also add fresh herbs like dill or rosemary or parmesan cheese or nutritional for a rich cheese flavor.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Stove Top, Blended
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Christmas, Thanksgiving, comfort food remix