One pan creamy vegan red pepper pasta that is easy enough for a weeknight and impressive enough to entertain your weekend guests! This delicious and creamy pasta has built in protein, fiber, greens, and vitamin C to satisfy all fronts!
- 8 oz (224g) fettuccine noodles
- ¾ – 1 cup pasta boiling water
- 255g (just over 1 cup) Summer Fresh Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 4 cups spinach (if using large leaves, roughly chop)
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes
- ⅓ cup feta cheese or dairy free cheese alternative, crumbled
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Serve with lemon wedges and/or lemon zest
- Other optional toppings: red pepper flakes, fresh parsley or basil
- Serve with edamame beans, prawns, scallops or grilled chicken if you’re looking for more protein but is delicious and complete as it!
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Add spinach for the last 30 seconds of cooking time
- Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water and then drain the noodles
- Add noodles, spinach, and ¾ cup of the water back to pot. Add hummus, sundried tomatoes and feta or cheese alternative and stir to coat noodles well. Add more pasta water if needed to thin it out. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve with a lemon wedge and red pepper flakes + fresh parsley or basil if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe Swaps & Customizations
- Hummus: I used roasted red pepper hummus for this one but it would also be delicious with another flavor like garlic, or spicy hummus!
- Vegetables: Other veggies that would work well in this pasta are zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, tomato or red pepper – for a shortcut, use the ready-to-go jarred roasted red peppers!
- To make it Vegan: Skip the feta altogether or sub it for a dairy-free cheese or nutritional yeast
- To make it Gluten Free: Opt for a gluten-free noodle
- Leftovers: This pasta is best enjoyed fresh. If reheating, you may need to add a splash of water to re-invigorate the sauce
- Category: Main Dish
Keywords: Meal prep, Meal prep recipe, fiber, protein, vitamin C, vitamin A