The slow cooker makes this traditional comfort food favorite super easy to make and clean up! Vegan.
1 cup Level Ground Violet Rice
- 2 cups + ½ cup sweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 vanilla beans (seeds removed from 1, the other placed in rice cooker whole)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Add all ingredients except the ½ cup of sweetened almond milk to the rice cooker. Turn rice cooker on and allow it to cook until done.
- Once rice cooker turns off, add remaining½ cup of milk and stir to combine. This will give a nice rich, creamy consistency (similar to the method used in the Baked Lemongrass Risotto).
- Serve warm with an extra sprinkle of cinnamon.
You can substitute the almond milk for any milk of choice. If it is unsweetened, add approx. 3 Tbsp of a sweetener of choice (suggest honey, or maple syrup). You can also use just one or the other of the sweetened or unsweetened vanilla almond milk. If you use all unsweetened, again, you may wish to add a sweetener of choice. If you opt for all sweetened, you will end up with a slightly sweeter pudding.
- Category: Desserts, Snacks, Breakfast
- Method: Rice Cooker/Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Kitchen Hacks, Easy, Comfort Food