This four ingredient Lemon Coconut Chia Pudding is a perfect prep ahead breakfast for busy mornings…plus it tastes like dessert in a jar. Packed with protein, fiber and heart & brain healthy Omega-3 fatty acids it’s one of the best ways to start the day!
Lemon and coconut. A flavor match made in heaven! These two flavors come together for the most delicious, creamy chia pudding that is SUCH A TREAT for busy mornings!
Tip: I find that having quick breakfast ideas on hand always makes for an easier morning, so I’ve created a list of my healthy meal prep breakfast recipes for you here!
I mentioned this chia pudding also tastes like dessert in a jar. It really does so save this for a quick fix, solo on a weeknight or dinner party alike.
What You’ll Need to Make Lemon Coconut Chia Pudding
- Lemon Yogurt (suggest Greek yogurt if you’re looking for an extra protein boost)
- Chia Seeds (both ground and whole work!)
- Coconut Milk (I like full fat for that extra creaminess and satiety but light will work too!)
- Lemon Rind
How to Make Lemon Coconut Chia Pudding
- Add lemon yogurt, coconut milk and chia seeds to a medium sized mixing bowl (if storing all in one container, just use the storage container as the mixing bowl to save a dish.
- Whisk with a fork until well combined.
- Store in an airtight container or pour into individual containers or jars for pre portioned breakfasts on the go!
Lemon Yogurt Flavour Swaps
This recipe works so well with pretty much any flavor of yogurt so feel free to mix it up! Some others I’ll be trying:
- Coconut yogurt
- Vanilla yogurt
- Raspberry yogurt
Prep Ahead Chia Pudding Toppings & Add-Ins
To boost your chia pudding, consider adding any of these nutrition packed ingredients as toppings or add-ins
Nuts & Seeds
- Hemp Hearts (for extra protein & Omega-3s)
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Nut or seed butter (like peanut butter or almond butter)
Spices & Seasonings
- Cocoa or cacao powder (don’t’ recommend with lemon, but would be delish with a berry flavor or vanilla flavor!)
- Vanilla exract
Fresh or Frozen Fruit (both work!)
Nutrition Benefits of Lemon Coconut Chia Pudding
Yogurt: Contains a good source of calcium which plays an important role in bone health and helps prevent age related diseases, such as osteoporosis.
Coconut Milk: Contains heart healthy fats that provide long lasting energy. In addition, coconut milk has some electrolytes which help regulate muscle, heart, nerve, and brain function.
Chia Seeds: These nutrient-rich seeds contain a great source of fiber which helps provide feelings of fullness, and protein which helps builds and repair muscle tissues. In addition, chia seeds are high in omega-3 fatty acids that help support heart health.
Meal Prep Tips for Lemon Coconut Chia Pudding
Chia pudding is the perfect recipe for meal prep! Making one serving or five servings takes virtually the same amount of time, but you get to reap the benefits all week long when you batch prep this recipe
This recipe is set for 2-3 servings. Make double or more depending on how many people will be eating it and how many days you’d like it for.
Storage Instructions for Lemon Coconut Chia Pudding
In the fridge: Store your chia pudding in the fridge for up to 5 days
In the freezer: Yes! You can freeze chia pudding! Freeze for up to a month or so following the tips below.
- Let the pudding set for at least 15 minutes before freezing
- Freeze in individual servings in airtight containers or sealable bags
- Remove the night before eating and let it thaw
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Over to You:
- Have You Made Chia pudding before?
- What would you top yours with?
If you try out this recipe, make sure to tag me on Instagram @lindsaypleskot with #makefoodfeelgood so I can see your creations! This seriously makes my day! And don’t forget to give it a star rating and review below! This is so helpful in allowing others to discover and enjoy the recipe too!
For more recipes to save you time and stress in the kitchen, check out The 3-2-1 Method Meal Plans. Complete with quick & efficient weekly meal prep instructions, grocery lists and delicious meals that come together quickly!
This four ingredient Lemon Coconut Chia Pudding is a perfect prep ahead breakfast for busy mornings! Packed with protein, fiber and heart & brain healthy Omega-3 fatty acids it’s one of the best ways to start the day. It tastes like dessert in a jar!
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except fruit. Stir with a fork to combine all ingredients well.
- Let sit in the fridge for at least an hour or overnight
- To serve, top with fresh berries and enjoy!
- Greek yogurt: Because Greek yogurt is thicker than regular yogurt, if using it you may need to add extra liquid (more coconut milk of a splash or another milk or milk alternative) or scale back on the chia seeds
- Chia Seeds:You can use black or white chia seeds and both ground and whole work!
- Coconut Milk: I like full fat for that extra creaminess and satiety but light will work too! This is the coconut milk in a can, not carton.
- If Chia pudding isn’t think enough: Add more Chia, 1 Tbsp at a time. Stir in and let set at least 15 minutes, continue to adjust as needed.
- If Chia pudding is too thick: Thin it out with more liquid. Stir and let sit at least 15 minutes. Continue to adjust as needed.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: north american
Keywords: prep ahead, weekday breakfast, yogurt, no bake