This easy and nutritious miso-yogurt baked salmon recipe has the most simple and delicious miso marinade made from just 6 simple ingredients and comes together in under 15 minutes!
- 1 lb of salmon, cut into 3–4 fillets
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (use unrefined for that delicious coconutty flavor!)
- 2 Tbsp plain greek yogurt ( I prefer higher fat for this recipe, 5-11% but any will work!)
- 2 Tbsp mayo
- 2 tsp miso paste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Add coconut oil to a cast iron skillet and place in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F with the skillet in there to heat up and melt the oil.
- While the oven preheats, combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk with a fork to combine.
- Once oven is preheated, remove the skillet and add salmon to it, skin side down. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the yogurt sauce over top and bake for for 5-7 minutes, keeping an eye to make sure it does not overcook. Salmon is done when opaque throughout. If you find it needs more time, continue baking, checking every 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with rice or potatoes and your favorite veggie side.
- Salmon: Can be subbed for white fish, like cod or halibut.
- You can also do this with one large piece of salmon but will need to increase cook time accordingly
- Mayo: Can be subbed for vegan mayo, or replaced with equal parts more yogurt (that said, I do like the consistency that the fat from the mayo adds!)
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Asian Inspired
Keywords: protein, weeknight meal, salmon recipe, heart healthy recipe