This was my gateway recipe to loving green juice. Rich in Iron, Vitamin C and hydrating veg this is skin food, gut food and energy in a bottle!
- 3 leaves of kale, thick middle stem removed
- 3 large leaves of Romaine
- 3 cups fresh spinach, or a handful of frozen spinach
- ½ of a large cucumber, cut in half
- 1 large banana, peeled then cut in half and frozen (preferable but fresh works too. I batch prep these so that I always have them on hand)
- 1 medium apple (any variety will work, but some will be sweeter than others. I usually use gala), cut into 4 pieces, core and seeds removed
- A thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled
- Large handful of fresh mint, ½- 1 cup, adjust to taste but I find this is key for adding a fresh, sweet flavor!
- 2–3 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or other preferred nut milk), adjusting for desired thickness
- Add all ingredients to your Vitamix or high-powered blender (Might work in a regular blender, I haven’t tried it but expect it would just be a bit thicker/chunkier). Blend on high until smooth, approximately 1-2 minutes. If ingredients are getting stuck and not blending, use your tamper to push the ingredients down and get them moving.
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: greens, green juice, antioxidants