I just got back from a sunny vacation in Hawaii and have been a bit obsessed with coconut since. Coconut coffee, coconut on my oatmeal, I even managed to bring back some coconut peanut butter! If I close my eyes and let myself drift a little, the toasted coconut on these little treats is almost enough to bring me back to the sand in my toes and saltwater in my hair…ok maybe not quite but I’ll take it!
These are the perfect combo for those times you’re craving just a couple of bits of something sweet. Get creative and try rolling them in toasted almonds, pistachios, walnuts..or whatever your little heart desires. Enjoy!Print
Frozen Banana Treats with Toasted Coconut
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 1-2 servings 1x
These frozen treats are the perfect sweet fix. The creamy consistency of frozen banana tastes just like chocolate dipped ice cream bites! Use dairy-free chocolate to make them vegan.
- 1 small banana
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsp total of coconut, almonds and pistachios, toasted
- Cut banana into 1.5 inch thick slices and place them on a small plate and freeze for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt chocolate in a non stick pan.
- Remove bananas from freezer, dip each side in chocolate and roll in coconut and nuts.
- Place in freezer for additional 15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes (freezer)
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Frozen
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: frozen treats, banana, nice cream
Remove and Enjoy!
If there are leftovers, can be kept in the freezer in a small tupperware container.
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe