This simple, delicious 3 ingredient cheesecake crust recipe made from 3 pantry staples – rolled oats, honey and coconut oil, is not only gluten-free and nut-free, but is also packed full of yummy nutrients like fiber and protein.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup melted virgin coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 cup white chocolate chips + more to taste if needed, melt before adding
- 3 Tbsp melted virgin coconut oil
- 1 x 350g package firm tofu
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch sea salt
To Make Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave. In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of the coconut oil and honey.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the oats and coconut honey mixture. Stir until the oats are coated and evenly spread out on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the oats are golden brown, stirring occasionally. Remove from the oven and allow the oats to cool (approximately 10 minutes).
- Add the baked oats into a food processor and pulse for 30 seconds. Mix in the remaining 2 more tablespoons of coconut oil, making sure to coat the baked oats. This will hold keep your crust together.
- Evenly distribute the mixture between the silicone tart molds and press with the bottom of a measuring cup or a spoon. Bake for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and put in the fridge.
- Meanwhile make your filling. You can use the eggnog filling below, this vegan coconut filling, this white chocolate filling or any other filling you desire. Add the filling to the tart molds and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. If you’re in a time crunch pop in the freezer for an hour to speed up the firming process.
To Make Filling:
- Melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil with 1 cup of white chocolate chips in the microwave.
- Add the melted chocolate, remaining coconut oil, tofu, eggnog, vanilla and salt into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. If you don’t have a high-powered blender, use a bullet in two parts. Add to your crust and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve with grated chocolate or nutmeg and whipped cream and enjoy!
To make the crust vegan: Replace the honey with 1 Tbsp of coconut oil and 2 Tbsp of brown sugar
To make the eggnog filling gluten-free: Replace the eggnog with a vegan alternative.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: dessert