With very few ingredients, this quick and simple dish is the perfect side for any summer barbecue or a great way to brighten up a winter meal! It can be eaten hot off the grill and is also great cold as a next day leftover.
Asparagus is high in B vitamins which are important for a healthy metabolism. They also boast a unique type of fiber called inulin. Inulin is a prebiotic, which is food for the healthy bacteria in our gut.
Grilled Lemony Asparagus and Feta Salad
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
As easy as it gets, this fresh flavorful asparagus dish might just be the tastiest way to get your greens! Oven baked instructions below. Vegan option provided.
- 2 bunches of asparagus (about 24 spears), ends trimmed
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or other high heat cooking oil such as grape seed)
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tbsp)
- Zest of 1 lemon (about 1 tsp)
- Coarse ground salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup feta, crumbled
- Preheat your Barbeque to medium high (see below for baking instructions)
- In a medium sized bowl, place asparagus spears and drizzle with 1 Tbsp of the oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix to coat evenly.
- Place spears on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning over half way. You want the spears to be tender but still a bit crisp. Allow the spears to char slightly, as this will add delicious flavor!
- Remove asparagus from the grill and place on your serving dish (can be left whole or cut into thirds) . Add the remaining oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and more salt and pepper if needed. Stir to coat evenly and finish off by sprinkling with feta cheese.
- Alternatively, bake at 400F for 8-10 minutes
- To make vegan, skip the feta cheese or sub for a sprinkle of nutritional yeast
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: BBQ
Keywords: BBQ, summer, summer produce, asparagus
Thank you to my student volunteer, Nisha Takhar, for her hard work in helping to put this post together.
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe