Salads and summer go hand in hand. So refreshing, so many flavor combos and a great way to highlight seasonal produce.
I am in love with this salad. Grilling fruit is one of my favorite things to do in the summer. Grilling brings out the natural sweetness and I swear those little grill marks just make everything taste better.
Paired with the grilled jalapeno prawns and fresh mint it is seriously a flavor explosion in your mouth.
I had originally planned to do this recipe with Burrata but I had no idea how hard it would be to track down! For those of you who have never tried burrata you’ve gotta get some in your mouth asap. Burrata is actually made from mozzarella but mozzarella and burrata are not the same thing. Buratta has a solid outer layer, made from mozzarella, but is hollowed out and filled with a soft stringy curd and fresh cream (more on that here if you’re interested).
I discovered burratta for the first time on a getaway to San Fran with my Momma a few years ago. I remember we kept seeing the word on menus and had no idea what it was. When I finally asked one of our waiters I couldn’t believe I had been missing out all these years!! I’ve been hooked ever since.
Anyway, I called 5 different grocery stores and couldn’t find it anywhere! I thought I had finally struck gold when I called Urban Fare and they had some in stock but when I went to pick it up it was all sold out. Moral of the story- this would also be amazing with burrata but I’d suggest calling around first to save yourself some trekking around!
I ended up going with a fresh mozzarella which I actually found to be really similar to burrata and it still turned out amazing! I’m also planning to try this with some grilled Haloumi and maybe even some Vegan Almond Feta.
Can you tell I have a it of a thing for cheese?
I hope you enjoy this refreshing summer salad!
A light and refreshing summer salad, perfect for your next BBQ!
- 2 peaches, halved or quartered
- 8 cups arugula
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped or torn into small pieces
- 125g Burrata or fresh mozzarella (I used this Bari Mozzafina di latte)
- 300g prawns
- ½ jalapeño, minced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 1–2 tsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your BBQ to medium-high heat.
- Combine your olive oil and jalapeños in a small dish.
- Next, thread your shrimp onto wooden skewers. Brush with oil and jalapeño mixture.
- When your BBQ is preheated, brush your peaches with oil and place on the grill to cook for 10-12 minutes, remove when beginning to soften and some nice grill marks have formed.
- About half way through cooking your peaches, place your shrimp skewers on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove when pink on the outside and opaque on the inside.
- While your peaches and shrimp cook, Prepare your dressing by whisking ingredients together in a small bowl and setting aside. Next start plating your greens on a large platter and then add big chunks of mozarella. I just broke it up into pieces with my hands but you can slice it with a knife as well.
- When you’re ready to serve, toss with your dressing and finish off by placing your peaches and skewers on the platter and serve!
- Swap dressing for a simple drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper as an alternative option
- Replace Shrimp with tofu for a vegan option
- Category: Salads, Main Dishes
- Method: BBQ
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: Summer BBQ, Canada Day, Independence Day, Quick
PS. This is the last week to get 15% off of my 4 week Meal Plans, The 3-2-1 Method! Just enter COUPON CODE: BRIDE 15 at checkout for instant access.
LIKE THIS RECIPE? SHARE IT WITH SOMEONE YOU KNOW WILL LOVE IT TOO!