This granola is ridiculously delicious. All of my favorite things wrapped up into one delicious crunchy treat.
It’s perfect with some fresh blackberries and Greek yogurt, for a nice crunch as a topping to your morning oatmeal, or just to snack on for an afternoon pick me up. I love granola, but most store bought varieties are packed with sugar and lacking in the fiber department.
This recipes uses mashed bananas as the base, to bind the ingredients and add some natural sweetness. I’ve also thrown some bran buds in there to boost the fiber and give you longer lasting energy. These little guys are also a great addition to help balance blood sugar levels. It’s simple to make and will leave your house smelling like a delicious toasted coconut getaway.
Having easy recipe ideas on the ready assures for an easier morning. That’s why I made a list of healthy meal prep breakfast recipes for you here!
Get at it!Print
Sometimes I make this granola recipe just so my house can smell like a tropical vacation. Packed with cocout, toasted almonds and sweet banana that holds it all together, you might want to double this one!
- 3 cups of rolled oats
- 3/4 c. bran buds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup whole almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut pieces, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 ripe banana, mashed into a paste
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup to make it vegan of low FODMAP)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the coconut oil and honey together, about 1 minute. Alternatively, microwave for 30-60 seconds until melted.
- Meanwhile, add all other ingredients, including the mashed banana, into a large mixing bowl. Add coconut oil mixture once completely melted.
- Mix ingredients together until well combined and small granola clusters start to form ( I like to use my hands for this step to make sure everything is well mixed)
- Distribute mixture in a single layer, between the two baking sheets, so it browns nice and evenly
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Allow granola to become a nice golden brown for that delicious toasted flavor
- Remove from the oven and let it cool. Store in and air right jar.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: European
Keywords: one pan, granola, high fiber