- 18 eggs
- 10 x 12” whole grain wraps
- 2–3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 5 oz bin of spinach
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 bell peppers (orange, yellow or red), sliced
- 1 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (shredded cheddar or cheese blend are also delish!)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Optional – ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, diced
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Toss peppers and onion with 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and lay out on your baking sheet. Bake peppers for 20-25 minutes until tender. Add spinach right onto the pan for the last 5 minutes of baking, stir and place back in the oven to wilt.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan with 1 tbsp olive oil over medium to medium-high heat. In a bowl, scramble eggs up with a fork, and add to the heated pan.
- Cook eggs, stirring frequently until cooked through
- Lay your wraps out on a flat surface and start making your breakfast burritos! Start by sprinkling cheese down the middle of the wrap, leaving about 1 ½ inches at either end so you’ll be able to wrap them. Next, divide your vegetable mixture, eggs, cheese and tomatoes if using, between the wraps.
- To wrap the breakfast burritos: Fold the top and bottom (shorter edges) of the wrap in. Fold one of the long edges of the wrap over the egg filling and continue rolling until no more wrap remains.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days or freeze for up to 2 months (see freezing tip below).
Freezer: After wrapping your breakfast burritos, place in a single layer on a baking sheet and place in the freezer to “set” for 15-20 minutes. This will prevent them from sticking together when placed in a container for longer term storage. Once hardened just enough not to stick together, place in an airtight container or ziplock bag (re-usable if possible!). For ideal quality, freeze up to 1 month (can be frozen longer but may collect freezer burn).
See above for food swaps & reheating!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: breakfast burrito, healthy breakfast burrito, meal prep, freezer friendly, prep ahead