A super easy make ahead healthy breakfast burrito that is freezer friendly and packed with nutritious ingredients! An great source of protein, healthy fats and filling fiber! These burritos are the perfect quick and easy breakfast option for work and school days!
- 18 eggs
- 10 x 12” whole grain wraps
- 2–3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 5 oz bin of spinach
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 bell peppers (orange, yellow or red), sliced
- 1 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (shredded cheddar or cheese blend are also delish!)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Optional – ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, diced
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Toss peppers and onion with 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and lay out on your baking sheet. Bake peppers for 20-25 minutes until tender. Add spinach right onto the pan for the last 5 minutes of baking, stir and place back in the oven to wilt.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan with 1 tbsp olive oil over medium to medium-high heat. In a bowl, scramble eggs up with a fork, and add to the heated pan.
- Cook eggs, stirring frequently until cooked through
- Lay your wraps out on a flat surface and start making your breakfast burritos! Start by sprinkling cheese down the middle of the wrap, leaving about 1 ½ inches at either end so you’ll be able to wrap them. Next, divide your vegetable mixture, eggs, cheese and tomatoes if using, between the wraps.
- To wrap the breakfast burritos: Fold the top and bottom (shorter edges) of the wrap in. Fold one of the long edges of the wrap over the egg filling and continue rolling until no more wrap remains.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days or freeze for up to 2 months (see freezing tip below).
- If freezing: To begin, place wraps in a single layer on 1-2 baking sheets. Place in the freezer to “set” or firm up for 15-20 minutes. Once firm enough that the wraps won’t stick together, place in an airtight container, or ziplock bag (re-usable if possible), and store in the freezer for up to 2 months!
- Oven /Toaster oven reheating: Preheat to 400F. Bake from frozen for 35-40 mins (this is a great option to pop in while you get ready in the morning and have it crispy and waiting for you when you finish!
- Cheater oven method reheating: Defrost in microwave for 1-2 minutes, bake for 10-12 minutes to crisps up at the end!
- Microwave reheating: Reheat from frozen in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. All microwaves are different, check after 1 minute and repeat in 1 minute increments as necessary!
- See above for ingredient swaps!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: breakfast burrito, healthy breakfast burrito, meal prep, freezer friendly, prep ahead