My Rainbow Power Sandwich is a quick and easy vegan sandwich packed full of fresh vegetables and creamy protein-packed hummus! Make this healthy sandwich or try any of the 3 other nutritious sandwich ideas in this post.
- 2 slices of bread
- 1/2 cup hummus, store-bought or homemade
- 1/4–1/3 avocado, sliced
- salt & pepper
- 2–3 leaves of lettuce, I used Inspired Greens butter lettuce
- 1/4 of a red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 carrot, ribboned (I used a potato peeler!)
- 1/4 of a small green and/or yellow zucchini, thinly sliced into rounds
- purple cabbage, thinly sliced (try pickled cabbage for an extra punch of flavor)
- a few thin slices of red onion
- Toast your bread
- Remove bread from the toaster and spread the hummus on one slice. Place the sliced avocado on the other and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Start layering your veggies onto the hummus side
- Close up your sandwich and cut in half or leave whole. Enjoy!
- Cabbage: this is optional as buying a whole large cabbage just for this recipe may not make sense. If you do opt for the cabbage, I like to slice the whole thing up and add to noodle stir-fries, salads, or make quick pickles to have on hand (delish in bowls, salads, tacos and sandwiches/wraps)
- Not gonna lie, I chose these vegetables specifically for the color but almost any vegetable would work in here! Mushrooms, sprouts, radishes, cucumber, tomatoes (ok I know this is a fruit!) are a few others that would be great in here!
- If you have the time, roast the vegetable for extra flavor!
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Lunch
- Method: No cooking required
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bread, vegan sandwich, vegetarian sandwich, back-to-school, meal prep, healthy lunches, veggie sandwich, hummus sandwich, no cook lunches