All the greens and a flavorful, protein powered chickpea mash packed into a delicious sandwich. Perfect for work or school lunches. Vegetarian.
Chickpea Mash (makes enough for 2 sandwiches):
- ½ x 19oz. can (1 cup) chickpeas
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red onion
- ½ avocado
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt to taste
- Sprouted grain bread
- Herb and garlic cream cheese (could also do goat cheese, or your fave non-dairy spread)
- Inspired Greens Romaine Lettuce
- Toast your bread.
- While bread is toasting, add the chickpea mash ingredients to a food processor and pulse until a chunky paste is formed (15-30 seconds).
- Remove bread from the toaster and spread one side with cream cheese and the other with half of the chickpea mash. Layer one side with lettuce, cucumber, sprouts, and any other desired toppings) close up your sandwich and cut in half or leave whole. Enjoy!
- Category: Lunch
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: School Lunch, Work Lunch, Greens