I love kale! In this salad, we’re pairing my favorite leafy green with mango and spicy prawns. A delicious lunch or dinner packed full of protein, healthy fats and flavor!
- 2 cups prawns, shelled
- 1 avocado, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 mango, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 2 small bunches of kale
- 1 small jalapeño or serrano pepper, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp butter
- coarse sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Wash and dry kale remove the thick middle stem and break into bite sized pieces. Place in a large serving bowl.
- Add avocado, mango and corn to the bowl.
- Heat butter in a non-stick pan. Add jalapeño and cook for 1 minute over medium-high heat.
- Add prawns, chili powder and a sprinkle of sea salt. Cook 3-5 minutes (until pink all the way through).
- Meanwhile, whisk together dressing ingredients and toss with salad.
- Dish up salad and top with prawns.
Sub prawns for kidney beans, chickpeas or tofu for a vegan option.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Salads
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy salads, weeknight dinner, kale