This refreshing salad is the perfect mix of sweet and spicy. I love using kale for salads because you can dress it days ahead of time and the leaves still stay firm and crisp. I almost think it gets better with time, almost like a marinade!Print
This salad is equally as light and refreshing as it is hearty and satisfying. A great lunch or dinner option, it’s packed with protein, healthy fats and tons of flavor! Bonus -the Vitamin C packed mango helps your body absorb the plant based iron in the kale.
- 2 cups prawns, shelled
- 1 avocado, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 mango, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 2 small bunches of kale
- 1 small jalapeno or serrano chili, minced into small pieces
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp butter
- sprinkle of coarse sea salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Wash and dry kale, remove the thick middle stem and break into bite sized pieces. Place in a large serving bowl.
- Add avocado, mango and corn to the bowl.
- Heat butter in a non-stick pan, add jalapeno and cook 1 minute over medium-high heat.
- Add prawns, chili powder and a sprinkle of sea salt and cook 3-5 minutes (until pink all the way through).
- Meanwhile, whisk together ingredients for dressing and toss with salad.
- Dish up salad and top with prawns.
- Sub prawns for tofu or white kidney beans to make it vegan
- Category: Salads
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: salad, balanced meal, pescatarian