Like yogurt, kefir is a cultured dairy product. While both yogurt and kefir provide probiotics- the good bacteria that keep our digestive tract happy and healthy- kefir boast an even more potent dose. On top of it’s digestion friendly benefits, it’s also a great source of calcium, protein, potassium and B vitamins.
If you’re feeling adventurous you can even make your own kefir at home using kefir grains or starter powder and allow it to culture in milk. It has a slightly tart taste, similar to buttermilk so downing a glass isn’t for everyone. These kefir lime smoothie pops are a great introduction if you’re new to the kefir scene. Pop them in the freezer for a perfect summer snack or enjoy the mixture as a delicious smoothie to start your day.
I also added a layer of my Health Nut Coconut Almond Granola…cause what’s a “pie” without a little crust. You could also take them out of the freezer a few minutes before serving to soften up and dip them in some graham cracker crumbs for a nice finishing touch 🙂
So no more excuses! Get on the kefir train and let me know what you think of it! Show me your photos on Instagram and tag @lindsaypleskot with #makefoodfeelgood to show off your kitchen skills!
Good for the gut, good for the soul. Packed with so many good like spinach, avocado and kefir, these make a delicious treat for the kiddos and a delicious grab and go breakfast for you, busy momma!
- 1/2 cup 0% key lime Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup 1-2% Plain Kefir
- Juice and zest of 2 key limes (if you can’t find these use half of a regular lime.Taste will be slightly different but still delicious!)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 banana
- 1 cup spinach, packed
- 1/4 cup granola or graham cracker crumbs ( I used my Health Nut Toasted Coconut Almond Granola)
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend until all ingredient are combined well and you have a smooth smoothie texture.
- Divide mixture evenly into popsicle moulds, leaving about half an inch to an inch at the top for the granola, depending on how much crunch you want in there.
- Divide the granola between the popsicles, place the popsicle holders on top and put in the freezer. Freeze 4-5 hours, until firm or overnight.
- Category: Breakfast, Snacks
- Method: Blended, Frozen
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: gut health, summer, kid friendly
LIKE THIS RECIPE? SHARE IT WITH SOMEONE YOU KNOW WILL LOVE IT TOO!