This kitchen sink pasta has a few surprising ingredients, like purple cabbage and chickpeas, but let me tell you, it works! A favorite among my family and friends, this pasta is delish served hot or cold. Vegan.
- 1 375g box of spaghetti noodles of your choice
- 1 carrot, spiralized or thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, spiralized or thinly sliced
- 1 cup of purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1–2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1–19 oz can of chickpeas
- 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup of pesto, store-bought or homemade *more to taste if needed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnishes: 1/3 cup of basil, thinly sliced and freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, get all of your veggies prepped. I love to use my spiralizer for this dish as it’s so quick and replicates the veggies in the perfect noodle like shape. For the cabbage you’ll have to slice this by hand as it can’t go through the spiralizer.
- In a large skillet or another pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat, about 30 seconds.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring frequently for about 1-2 minute. Be careful not to let it burn.
- Add the chickpeas and the juice of half of the lemon, cook until the chickpeas begin to brown.
- Add the vegetables and stir until they begin to soften.
- Once the pasta is cooked and drained, add the noodles to the vegetable mixture.
- Add the pesto and juice of the other half of the lemon.
- Stir until well combined and coated. Add any additional pesto, olive oil or lemon juice as needed. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with minced basil or Parmesan cheese as desired.
- Sub parmesan for nutritional yeast and use a vegan pesto to make this totally plant based!
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Italian Fusion
Keywords: weeknight meal, vegan, easy