This is probably one of the recipes I get asked most for. I keep meaning to put it up on here so finally, here it is!
I love this salad. I could seriously eat it every single day, but I’ve gotta give this disclaimer… it is very garlicky! So you might want to make sure you don’t have anyone to impress anyone after eating it 😉
I love kale, there’s a reason this green has gotten so much press in recent years. Kale is higher in fiber than most other leafy greens and is a great source of those lovely antioxidant, skin glowing Vitamins A and C. It is also extremely high in Vitamin K which plays an important role in bone health.
Another reason I love it for salads it that it won’t go soggy! You can dress it and leave it in the fridge for days. I find it actually tastes even better the next day as the flavors really get a chance to soak in.
I love kale, there’s a reason this green has gotten so much press in recent years. Kale is higher in fiber than most other leafy greens and is a great source of those lovely antioxidant, skin glowing Vitamins A and C.
- 2 large bunches kale (approx 10 cups)
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
Crispy Chickpeas & Capers
- 1 x 19 oz can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 1 Tbsp avocado or other high heat cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a Baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine chickpeas, capers, olive oil, salt and peper. Stir to coat evenly and spread out evenly on the baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes until crispy and golden on the outside.
- Meanwhile, wash and cut or rip kale into bite sized pieces. Dry off well and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine salad dressing ingredients in a bowl, adding more or anything to taste. Whisk with a fork until well combined. Add to the Kale (start with half and add to taste, you may have extra) and mix with a fork, or clean hands to really get the dressing coated on there!
- Plate and top with cripsy capers and chickpeas and enjoy!
- Make it Vegan:
- sub Greek yogurt for your favorite non-dairy yogurt
- sub parmesan cheese for nutritional yeast. Start with 1 Tbsp and adjust to taste
- Category: Salads & Sides
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy salads, weeknight dinner, kale