This quinoa salad is a great batch prep lunch recipe. Packed with protein, fiber and colorful veggies, it will leave you satisfied!
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken stock, reduced sodium
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly-cracked pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 x 19 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- Optional: ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- Bring quinoa and stock to a boil in a small pot. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and grain has opened up.
- While quinoa is cooking, whisk together oil, vinegar, salt and a generous amount of pepper. When quinoa is finished cooking, add the dressing and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, chickpeas, cucumber, onion, feta and herbs. Once quinoa is cool, add everything together and toss gently.
- Add any extra salt and pepper if needed. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Make this recipe vegan by leaving out the feta cheese or substituting for your favorite dairy free option!
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Quick and easy, Versatile