These days I’m all about ease. I’ve been super busy with work and getting all the boxes ticked off with wedding planning! Less than 6 months away…I can’t believe it!
You’ve heard it before, and you’ll hear it again that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I don’t know if I can say it’s the most important, I think all meals are pretty important, but starting your day off with some good fuel makes a huge difference as to how your day plays out.
These muffin tin frittatas are the perfect make ahead breakfast for the week. You can easily store them in the fridge and pop them in the microwave or toaster oven to heat them up on the go.
Tip: I find that having quick breakfast ideas on hand always makes for an easier morning, so I’ve created a list of my healthy meal prep breakfast recipes for you here!
I like to stuff them full of tons of delicious veggies like mushrooms, kale, tomatoes and bell peppers but they are pretty much a clean slate as far as what you can add to them. I’ve also tried chopped asparagus and spinach, and sometimes add a bit of meat to them if I’m feeling it. I’ve also tested out different kinds of cheeses. I think just regular old grated cheddar has been my favorite but goat cheese and feta are delicious as well depending on what else is in them (goat cheese and asparagus, or for something a bit more fancy if you’re hosting a brunch, I’d maybe go with brie cheese and prosciutto or ham)
I hope you enjoy! As always, I love to see your creations! Tag me on Instagram with @lindsaypleskot and #makefoodfeelgood.
I love making a batch of these high protein mini quiches for quick grab and go breakfasts throughout the week. Mix it up with any vegetables yo like!
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
- salt and pepper to taste (~1/4-1/2 tsp each)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 of a small red onion, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced (3–4 mushrooms)
- 1 cup kale, torn into small pieces
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Place a medium sized frying pan over medium-high heat and add half of the oil. Heat the oil for 30-60 seconds, until hot. Add garlic, onion, mushrooms, salt and pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until onion becomes clear.
- Add Kale and red pepper and sauté an additional 2-3 minutes, until red pepper begins to soften. Stir in the tomatoes and remove from heat.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin with remaining oil and divide the vegetable mixture evenly among the greased cups. Next, evenly divide the eggs among the cups. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and place in the oven.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the center of each is firm.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: meal prep, prep ahead, quick,