I love making a batch of these high protein mini quiches for quick grab and go breakfasts throughout the week. Mix it up with any vegetables yo like!
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
- salt and pepper to taste (~1/4-1/2 tsp each)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 of a small red onion, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced (3–4 mushrooms)
- 1 cup kale, torn into small pieces
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Place a medium sized frying pan over medium-high heat and add half of the oil. Heat the oil for 30-60 seconds, until hot. Add garlic, onion, mushrooms, salt and pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until onion becomes clear.
- Add Kale and red pepper and sauté an additional 2-3 minutes, until red pepper begins to soften. Stir in the tomatoes and remove from heat.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin with remaining oil and divide the vegetable mixture evenly among the greased cups. Next, evenly divide the eggs among the cups. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and place in the oven.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the center of each is firm.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: meal prep, prep ahead, quick,