These one bowl breakfast power cookies will be your best friend as you ease back into the new year. They are ready for you when you wake up, delicious with a warm cup of coffee or tea and if your digestion has been a bit sluggish after the holidays – they’re packed with all of my faves to start the day light and energized
Over the years I’ve realized what a difference it makes to the rest of the day when my mornings are started off right. I literally used to set my alarm for the last possible minute I could wake up and make it out of the door on time. This usually left me scrambling, frazzled (not on time), and sort of set the tone to feel behind all day.
Having a good breakfast ready to go is KEY to this!! If I’ve got a busy morning, I like to have something ready to go like overnight oats or chia pudding – or lately it’s been these One Bowl Breakfast Power Cookies. Breakfast is a great time to get all the goods in and get that sleepy digestive system moving. IF yours has been feeling particularly sluggish after the holidays, these cookies are on double duty!
I’ve partnered up with California Prunes for this simple, delicious recipe that will change your breakfast game!! I love getting to work with companies like this where there’s really no question of how amazingly beneficial they are – but do you think of prunes to be just for Grandma when she’s having a rough go with those bowels?
Yes, prunes are my go to when I need a little help moving things along (thanks pregnancy hormones) but they’ve also got some other pretty amazing benefits!
- Naturally sweet, you can substitute prunes for added sweeteners like sugars and syrups.
- With 3 g of fiber per serving, in addition to supporting healthy digestion, fiber also prevents blood sugar spikes!
- Bone health – prunes have been shown to reverse bone loss and preserve bone structure. The latest research shows that one serving (4-5 prunes) can reduce the risk of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women!
- Antioxidant rich – the deep purple color of prunes comes from polyphenols – antioxidants that fight free radicals and help prevent cell damage
And plus, it’s always a good day when you get to eat cookies for breakfast! Want more ideas for healthy meal prep breakfast recipes? Click here!
These power cookies are packed with all the goods- fiber, protein, oats…and a little bit of chocolate. Good enough to eat for breakfast and satisfying enough to be dessert!
- 2 large ripe banana
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp natural peanut butter, smooth (can replace for almond butter)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup ground flax
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ (45 g) cup of dark chocolate, chips or chopped chunks
- 3/4 cup (85 g) California Prunes, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and put aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the banana and mash with the back of a fork until a paste is formed. Add the peanut butter and vanilla and mix to combine well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix with a fork until well combined. If ingredients aren’t sticking together, don’t be afraid to get in there with your hands!
- Scoop into 12 evenly sized balls. Roll them together to get them to stick and then flatten them out on the baking sheet – these won’t spread so it’s ok if they’re close together.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, depending on if you like them more soft or crispy. Remove from the oven and let them sit for 10 minutes before packing them up.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Baking
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: Prep Ahead Breakfast, Healthy Cookies, Healthy Sweets
Thank you California Prunes for Sponsoring this healthy Breakfast Recipe! This allows me to continue sharing awesome free recipes with you guys weekly. I only partner with companies that I love and use myself, and truly believe in to bring more goodness into your kitchens. If you have any questions about this don’t hesitate to ask!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? SHARE IT WITH SOMEONE YOU KNOW WILL LOVE IT TOO!