These power cookies are packed with all the goods- fiber, protein, oats…and a little bit of chocolate. Good enough to eat for breakfast and satisfying enough to be dessert!
- 2 large ripe banana
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp natural peanut butter, smooth (can replace for almond butter)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup ground flax
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ (45 g) cup of dark chocolate, chips or chopped chunks
- 3/4 cup (85 g) California Prunes, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and put aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the banana and mash with the back of a fork until a paste is formed. Add the peanut butter and vanilla and mix to combine well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix with a fork until well combined. If ingredients aren’t sticking together, don’t be afraid to get in there with your hands!
- Scoop into 12 evenly sized balls. Roll them together to get them to stick and then flatten them out on the baking sheet – these won’t spread so it’s ok if they’re close together.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, depending on if you like them more soft or crispy. Remove from the oven and let them sit for 10 minutes before packing them up.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Baking
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: Prep Ahead Breakfast, Healthy Cookies, Healthy Sweets