This easy sheet pan breakfast bake with eggs, bacon and vegetables is such a timesave. Plus, minimal mess, minimal clean up!
- 6 slices of bacon, cut in half
- 6 eggs
- 2 large red skinned potatoes (about 1 ½ –2 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1/2 of a medium red onion, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 6 stalks of asparagus, cut into thirds
- Salt and pepper to taste (approx ¼ tsp each to start with)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (you may need 2 sheets but your veggies will really shrink up as you cook so it’s ok if it’s a bit crowded).
- Toss your potatoes, peppers, red onion and asparagus in 1 tsp of avocado oil (lightly oiled is fine as there will be more from the bacon as things cook) and a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Place your bacon pieces down on the parchment lined sheet (s) and then add your potato and veggie mixture. Lay them out in a single layer.
- Place in the oven to cook for about 45 minutes, stirring halfway through
- When the potatoes are getting to be nice and golden brown, with 5 minutes left to cook, create 6 little divets in the pan. Crack an egg in each one and place back in the oven to cook for 5 minutes. If you like your yolks a little firmer, leave them in for another minute or two.
- Dish up and sprinkle with your green onion.
- Omit the bacon or sub for a plant-based breakfast sausage or bacon to make it vegetarian
- Swap the bacon as noted above AND use black beans instead of eggs to make it vegan
- See notes above for other vegetable options
- Swap potatoes for yams or sweet potato or do a mix of both for a sweet and savory twist!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: One Pan Meal, Brunch, Sheet Pan Breakfast Bake