The most beautiful and delicious salad for the holidays or any other occasion. Greek yogurt is the key to making the easiest and creamiest dressing to compliment this gorgeous salad while adding a boost of protein! Blood oranges and Beets pack this dish full of immune supporting vitamin C and iron, making this delicious and nutritious salad a crowd pleaser all around!
1 cup full fat Greek yogurt
½ – 1 cup feta cheese
2 red beets and 2 golden beets, destemmed and scrubbed clean
1 tbsp avocado oil
3 blood oranges or oranges, peeled and cut into rounds
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly cracked pepper
1 cup shaved fennel
1 small shallot, finely chopped
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp mint, roughly chopped
1/4 cup toasted walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Cook the beets: Rip off 4 pieces of tinfoil, large enough to wrap all the way around the beets. Set the beets on the foil and drizzle with avocado oil and rub it over the surface of the beets. Wrap each one tightly with foil and roast for about an hour or until easily pierced with a knife. Once your beets are cooled, peel off the skin and cut into wedges.
3. In a food processor blend together the Greek yogurt and feta. Salt and pepper to taste. Spread over a serving plate and set aside.
4. Add your beets and oranges to a bowl. Add in the olive oil, vinegar, shallot, mint, and salt and pepper and toss gently. Add the fennel and mix until just combined. This will minimize color bleeding.
5. Arrange the salad on top of the creamy dressing. Top with walnuts and more mint, and finish with a drizzle of honey to taste. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 1 hour