You know those nights when you want a nice home cooked meal, but you don’t want to spend hours getting it prepared? This dish is your answer. It’s been a regular in my dinner rotation for years and I don’t know what’s taken me so long to get in on here!
I was inspired to make this dish when I first came across this recipe on Pinterest. I love a good one pot meal. The hands on time is minimal and then you get to kick back and relax, or knock a couple of things off of your to-do list while your dinner simmers away and your house fills up with delicious aromas. Bonus – not only is the prep super easy, but so is your cleanup! One pot and done.
Even if you’re not a huge kale fan, you’ll like this one. Cooking the leaves makes them more tender and less bitter and with the lemon and spices, it’s the perfect combo. Even the kiddos will like this one!
What are your favorite one pot dishes? I’m always looking for more and would love to try out some of your go-tos! Share your creations with me on Facebook or Instagram and tag @lindsaypleskot with the hashtag #makefoodfeelgood.
A few minute of prep and this baby is ready to put the lid on and cook away while you put your feet up! You can find the 15 minute version in The 321 Method meal plans!
- 1 lb chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- Sea salt and freshly-cracked pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 large head of curly kale, torn into bite sized pieces (thick middle stems removed)
- 1 cup of brown rice
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups chicken stock, low sodium
- 1 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 4 tsp olive oil for drizzling at the end
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken.
- Heat the oil in a medium sized frying pan for 1-2 minutes until hot. Add the chicken and sear for about 2-3 minutes on each side, allowing the edges to brown.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a plate.
- Add the shallot to the pan and sautée for 2-3 minutes until it becomes translucent.
- Add the cumin, turmeric, and kale. Stir around and let the spices brown for 1-2 minutes until they become fragrant.
- Add the rice, lemon juice and zest, and chicken stock. Place the chicken back on top of the mixture. Place a lid on the pan and reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Simmer for 30-45 minutes until all of the chicken stock has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Remove from heat and divide the Greek yogurt and olive olive between the dishes.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Indian, North American
Keywords: One Pan, easy
Serve and enjoy!
Want the 20 minute version of this recipe? Find it with over 40 other quick recipes inside The 3-2-1 Method. For more details about the program, read more HERE!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? SHARE IT WITH SOMEONE YOU KNOW WILL LOVE IT TOO!