A few minute of prep and this baby is ready to put the lid on and cook away while you put your feet up! You can find the 15 minute version in The 321 Method meal plans!
- 1 lb chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- Sea salt and freshly-cracked pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 large head of curly kale, torn into bite sized pieces (thick middle stems removed)
- 1 cup of brown rice
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups chicken stock, low sodium
- 1 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 4 tsp olive oil for drizzling at the end
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken.
- Heat the oil in a medium sized frying pan for 1-2 minutes until hot. Add the chicken and sear for about 2-3 minutes on each side, allowing the edges to brown.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a plate.
- Add the shallot to the pan and sautée for 2-3 minutes until it becomes translucent.
- Add the cumin, turmeric, and kale. Stir around and let the spices brown for 1-2 minutes until they become fragrant.
- Add the rice, lemon juice and zest, and chicken stock. Place the chicken back on top of the mixture. Place a lid on the pan and reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Simmer for 30-45 minutes until all of the chicken stock has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Remove from heat and divide the Greek yogurt and olive olive between the dishes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Indian, North American
Keywords: One Pan, easy